Children are naturally curious, and for this reason, they become fascinated by digital gadgets at a very tender age. This is a good thing as the world has embraced technology. Most institutions, such as hospitals and schools, rely on technology to perform most of their operations.
Therefore, children need to be encouraged to familiarize themselves with gadgets, especially while in school, where they spend most of their time.
The Global Indian International School in Bangalore recognizes and encourages students gifted in digital space by offering them the Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Global Skills Scholarship. This is a one-year talent-based scholarship provided by the Global School Foundation (GFS) and applies to children in Grades 6-12.
The following is a step-by-step guide to apply for the Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Global Skills Scholarship:
Step 1: Filling the Application form
Learners should visit the GIIS Abdul Kalam Scholarship website, click on apply, fill in the required information, and attach the required documents in the provided application form.
Step 2: Submission of the Application Form
Once you feed in the required details, you should click on submit.
Now that you know how to apply for the scholarship, how do you increase your chances of winning the APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship?
The following are tips on how to improve your chances of winning it:
You should conduct intensive research on the scholarship requirements to ascertain that you qualify for the scholarship. Before submitting your application form, check the scholarship eligibility criteria to ensure that you are eligible. For instance, the Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Global Skills Scholarship requires that an applicant:
● Must be an Indian citizen
● Should have participated in either national, regional, or international science fair forum
It is worth noting that there are three categories in the APJ Abdul Kalam scholarship eligibility criteria. Therefore, a learner should apply for the category they qualify for. The following are the three categories:
● Category A - Students in this category need to have a top 10 national rank in the Olympiad by SOF/ STEM Olympiad/ Robotics Olympiad or be top 3 in the National Children's Science Congress. They qualify for a scholarship value of 20% off in their tuition fees.
● Category B - To be in this category, a student has to be in one of the top 20 national ranks in the Olympiad by SOF/ STEM Olympiad/ Robotics Olympiad or be top 3 in the National Science Congress, or be part of a ranking team in the ISRO Space Quiz.
● Any student who qualifies to be in this category is eligible for a scholarship value worth 15% off the tuition fees.
● Category C - For this category, a student needs to be in a top 30 national rank in the Olympiad or top 10 ranks in the national or international competitions held by IT experts like Microsoft and Google, or top 10 in the National or International Level Robot Olympiad or be part of 2 ranking teams at ISRO Space Quiz.
The scholarship value for this category is 10% off in the tuition fees.
What support documents does the scholarship require you to attach? You must note the relevant documents that you should attach with your application and have them ready. The Scholarship requires all applicants to attach the following documents:
● Proof of a thesis or a publication
● Proof of an invented tool, instrument, or application related to Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality, Robotics, Coding, etc.
● The academic performance record of the past years
Submitting your application letter without these documents leads to the dismissal of your application.
You should ensure that all the details you provide in your application are accurate. It is tempting to sugar-coat information to increase your chances of winning the scholarship. However, providing false or misleading information in your application only reduces your chances of winning the scholarship. Thus, it is essential to be honest in your application and provide information that you can vouch for.
Do not fall victim to con games and scams. You should not pay any cash to win the Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Global Skills Scholarship. Once you submit an application form, there will be a notification within ten working days via email. All applications will undergo assessment, and organizers invite successful applicants for an interview.
After the interview, there will be the selection and disbursal of the scholarship funds. Applicants should therefore be wary of any other arrangements. Do not let your desire to win the scholarship lead to losing your hard-earned money.
The application is your first chance of making an impression. Therefore, you should avoid any mistakes. You should ensure that you do not make any grammatical errors or are very casual in your writing. It is also essential that you use a globally acceptable language and are keen on your word diction. Proofread your application or have a friend go through your application to ensure that you submit an error-free application.
Additionally, you should ensure that your application reflects your abilities and is convincing why you deserve the scholarship. Your application should stand out from other applications.
Ensure that you submit your application before the stated due date. It would be best if you did not ruin your chances of winning the scholarship by submitting your application form past the deadline.
Here are some reasons why students should apply for the scholarship:
● To make schooling in the Global Indian International School in Bangalore affordable
● To nurture their talent in digital space
● To increase their career opportunities
● To boost their confidence and recognition
The Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Global Skills Scholarship encourages students at our international school in Bangalore to be digital-savvy. Therefore, eligible students must follow the step-by-step guide in their application for the scholarship. Keep these tips in mind to increase your chances of winning the scholarship to enjoy the above benefits. If you are still unsure, please reach out to the admission counsellor or your child’s class teacher to know more.